The NZ Outdoors & Freedom Party was established to encourage New Zealand to change course to secure a more self-sufficient future. We all knew that change was required, but many were not ready for its dramatic arrival.
We are now living the change. Many are feeling afraid and bruised.
Our new challenge is to direct the outcome to help New Zealand not just survive, but thrive.
Our focus is on empowering people, communities, the environment and our democracy to ensure
- Thriving self-reliant, connected and resilient communities and society;
- A thriving environment with clean water, healthy soils, accessible nutritious food;
- Thriving communities connected to each other and to nature and the outdoors;
- Policies encourage the growing, harvesting, catching and making our own quality food and using our natural fibres such as wool and hemp to promote self sufficient communities;
- The technologies (medical, agricultural, digital etc.) we use are governed (stewarded) and implemented for the betterment of the people of New Zealand; and
- A media and information environment is nurtured where the public voice is protected, debate is encouraged and where politically controversial concerns relating to government policies can be freely outlined and discussed.
In short, to create a country where we are admired by the world not just because of our wonderful natural environment, but because of the way we live. A way of life that protects and enhances that environment and ensures our children are healthy, strong and informed.